Whether you have a mock interview, or you’re starting to prepare for your professional career, practice these tips to prepare properly. Remember: the job interview is one of the most important aspects of your career and as such, it should be treated with all due care and consideration. Check out these 10 Job interview tips and questions that will help you prepare for your future corporate adventure! Follow them and you’ll ace the big day of your professional career! Whether you want to give yourself a head start on preparing for your mock interview, or are already busy preparing for your interview, follow these tips as they will help you with this process.
What are the possible job interview questions
Prepare basic interview questions and answers for both freshers and experienced. Consider your answers to some common questions in advance. Below are five questions you are likely to receive in a job interview.
- Self-introduction about yourself?
- What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want this position?
- Why have you left your previous job?
- Why should we hire you?
Self-introduction about yourself?
Example: “I am a person who is highly motivated and driven to share my excitement for health, physical activity, and well-being with my clients. I have the ability to customize a program that suits each client’s needs. As a personal trainer with 25 recurring clients, I work hard to create workout routines that support wellness goals such as weight loss and muscle strength. In my three years as a fitness instructor, I have also worked on online sales courses.”
What is your biggest strength and weaknesses?
Example: “My biggest strength is my ability to make complicated things understandable, even if they are very technical. I can also think analytically and solve problems quickly. My biggest weakness remains effective written communication aimed at getting interaction with clients. Even though we have already figured out the best way to improve it, we are still looking for solutions.”
Why do you choose this position?
Example: “I am excited to join a winning team and help grow our company. This position aligns well with my experience and future goals, and the educational opportunities available through it will give me an edge in the field. I am currently completing a Master of Science degree in Business Management, and this position will allow me to continue my studies while gaining valuable business management experience.”
Why have you left your previous job?
Example: “I am seeking a new opportunity where I can continue to develop my sales skills, while also leading a team of talented salespeople and making valuable contributions to the company.”
Why should we hire you?
Example: “I can bring a lot of value to your company and make great progress in the long run. I am motivated towards increasing my knowledge within the marketing field, enhance my skills, and stay up-to-date on new trends. The best thing is that I’m highly dedicated to learning and improving as an individual. As a result of these qualities, I bring new ideas to your table which might help you create a better future for our company.”
What are your strength questions?
Here is the list of strength questions that can be asked by the interviewer in different ways:
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your biggest strength?
- What strengths would you bring to our company?
- What are three strengths that you bring to this position?
- What are your greatest professional strengths?
What questions to ask an interviewer?
Here is a list of a few questions to ask in an interview
- Can you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibilities of the role?
- How could I impress you in the first three months?
- Are there opportunities for training and progression within the role/company?
- Where do you think the company is headed in the next five years?
- What are your expectations for me in this role?
- What’s the most important thing I should accomplish in the first 90 days?
- What’s the performance review process like here?
- What metrics or goals will my performance be evaluated against?
How to ace an interview with hiring manager?
Interviewing is a part of the hiring process. It’s important to make a great impression during your interview, whether you’re applying for an entry-level position or a senior role that requires more experience. To succeed, it’s essential to do the following:
- Research the company: Know more about the company, Review the company website and social media, and research the company’s growth.
- Dress appropriately: Dress formally and look decently while appearing for the interview.
- Punctuality: Be on time. This will create a good impression on you.
- Preparation: Avoid going to an interview unprepared. Check the job description and learn the skill if required.
- Communication skills: Have control and command of the language to ace your interview. This will attract the interviewer.
- Follow up after the interview: Once your interview is done, put up a follow-up mail to check your application status.
Here are few tips on How to Write Thank You Mail For Job Interview
You may feel nervous preparing for an interview, but there are a few things you should know to help you shine in your next one. Knowing how to answer interview questions and prepare ahead can help get you hired more easily. If you still have trouble deciding on an answer to a question, use the five tips below to show how well-prepared you are for all of those questions.
- Excellent resume: The resume is the first level of the screening process hence it must be self-explanatory and professional to avoid rejection.
- Speak the truth: Always be truthful never lie about your skills or personal information as it will have a negative impact on you.
- Good verbal behaviour: Use good vocabulary and maintain eye contact while answering the questions.
- Respectful: Greet the interviewer. Wish them at the end of the interview.
- Thank you note: Send a brief thank you note along with your interview experience to the interviewer.
That’s it! Hopefully, these tips will help you ace your next job interview, and land you in the office of your dreams. While there is no magic bullet to get you a job, these interview questions can provide you with a bit of extra preparation for your interview. Also, remember that interviews are about selling yourself to the company as well. Try to strike up a friendly rapport and be personable when interviewing. These small things can help you go from just another candidate to a top contender for the job.